Home » Get Help

Get Help

Livingston County UnitedIt’s free, confidential and available 24/7.

2-1-1 is an information and referral line to get connected to services you need: emergency food, health and dental services, mental health care, emergency shelter, housing, alcohol or other drug abuse services, youth and senior services,  financial and legal assistance, and more.

Phone: 2-1-1
Toll free: 866-561-2500

Online:  www.CentralMichigan211.org

More Resources

Holiday Food & Gifts

Download Holiday Food & Gifts Resources Chart 2017.

Community Connect

Typically the first Saturday in February, Community Connect provides a “one-stop-shop for social services, legal and utility assistance/information, health screenings, free clothing, books and more. Open to anyone in Livingston County. Hosted by the Homeless Continuum of Care Committee. Livingston County United Way sponsors and helps organize the event.

Food Programs & Pantries

Click here to access a list of local resources and food programs. 

Emergency food pantries, community dinners and food assistance programs are available to all Livingston County residents. Numerous community partners working through the Livingston County Hunger Council have the goal of making Livingston County a hunger-free community.

Meals on Wheels (Senior Nutrition) 810-632-2155/ 888-886-8971

Livingston County Literacy Coalition

Adult literacy is known to be an important ingredient of financial stability. The Livingston County Literacy Coalition (LCLC) trains volunteer tutors to help adults learn to read. Contact LCLC at livcolclc@gmail.com or 810-522-8933 to get involved.

My Free Taxes

Throughout the most recent tax season, Livingston County residents received over $163,000 in tax refunds through My Free Taxes. Local residents filing with My Free Taxes received an average refund of $1,653 for the 2015 tax year. “This service lets people keep more of their money and supports financial stability for local families,” explained Donna Gehringer, Livingston County United Way Community Investments Director. The filing service provides detailed information to help those who qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit and the Child Tax Credit.

Click here to visit My Free Taxes online.

Do You Qualify for Assistance?



Livingston County Senior Nutrition Program